Contributory Parent Visas

Eligibility to apply for an Australian Contributory Parent Visa

A Contributory Parent visa enable parents to live permanently in Australia with their child(ren) who must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen settled in Australia.

To be eligible for consideration you must satisfy the Balance of Family test which requires you to have at least half of your children living in Australia permanently or more children living in Australia permanently than any other country. You must also be sponsored by your child who is settled in Australia.


Services that you will receive from AUSTRALIA MIGRATION MOVES CC

We will take responsibility for the entire management of your application to ensure that your case runs as smoothly as possible. Our services include:

  • A personal or SKYPE appointment to assess your eligibility and to answer your questions;
  • Electronic completion of application and sponsorship forms;
  • Liaising with your son or daughter (sponsor) in Australia;
  • Advice on health and character issues (if applicable);
  • Management of your application throughout the visa process.
Immigration_Passport & Visa_4-3

PLEASE CALL 076-841-3367

Visa classes available

Your visa options will be determined by your age and your financial position.

Offshore visa – subclasses 143/173

The Contributory Parent visa subclass 143 is a permanent visa but you also have the option of applying for a Contributory Parent (Temporary visa) – subclass 173, which provides a two-stage pathway, allowing the costs to be staggered. If you select the temporary option, you will need to apply for permanent residence within 2 years from the date of your arrival in Australia.

Onshore visas – subclasses 864/884

If you are old enough to qualify for an Age Pension in Australia, you have the option to apply for an Aged Contributory Parent visa. Parents who select this visa option must be in Australia when the visa application is lodged and decided. Parents selecting onshore visa options should think carefully of the risk of selling property and shipping household goods prior to undergoing health checks.

Time taken for your visa to be granted

Currently offshore Contributory Parent applications (subclasses 143/173) lodged in May 2015 are being processed and onshore Contributory Parent applications (subclasses 864/884) lodged in October 2016 are being processed by a Department of Home Affairs case officer. The processing timetable is, however, increasing all the time and in the future applicants are likely to experience longer processing delays as applications being submitted continue to outweigh the number of places in each programme year.

Free preliminary assessment

AUSTRALIA MIGRATION MOVES CC offers you a free preliminary assessment and will advise you whether you have a realistic chance of being granted a Contributory Parent visa to help you you’re your family in Australia. In order to do this, kindly complete the free preliminary assessment Enquiry form below and submit your details to us.

SKYPE or telephonic consultations

If we have assessed that you have the potential to be granted a Contributory Parent visa and you would like to find out more, the next step is to arrange a no-obligation consultation via SKYPE or by telephone at a mutually convenient time.

Make your free preliminary assessment Enquiry

  • Contributory Parent Enquiry Form

    If you are considering applying for a Contributory Parent visa for Australia, please complete and submit the form below. The information you provide will be treated in confidence and will not be stored onto a data-base or distributed to third parties.